terms and conditions
Every customer is expected to acknowledge, accept and comply with our general sales and payment terms and conditions, even if purchase conditions are applicable, unless agreed differently in advance and by written means. To order on this webshop, you have to be 18 years or older. Each customer has the choice of 2 languages for the processing of his order: English and Dutch. The language that the customer chooses will be used for the settlement of the transaction. To place an order on this website you must be 18 years or older.
Only data that is required in order for the seller to be able to provice the necessary services as requested by the customer, will be kept by the seller. This data will be used solely to inform you about our products and/or services. Customer lists will not resold, rente dor leased to any external or third parties.
Belgian reclycling charges (recupel) are included in the price.
Orders are accepted and processed as per our abilities and availibilities. The customer can obtain a written order confirmation on request. Ordered goods cannot be cancelled. Goods are sold and considered as accepted in our offices and warehouses, regardless of place, means or conditions of the delivery.
No order can be cancelled, unless this is done within 8 days after the order confirmation and only with our explicit prior consent. In this case, the customer will owe us a fee valued at 20% of the respective total order amount.
Products that are in stock can be taken back by us if they are undamaged, unused and in the original (undamaged) packaging. Read “How to return”
Products that are sold at a discount will not be taken back.
Products sold to countries outside the European Union will not be taken back.
Products made when they are ordered, (towel holders on length, profiles, some reading lamps) will not be taken back. These products are considered custom-made. If you are uncertain that your goods are eligible for return, please enquire via email. Generally, if it concerns a stock article or frequently sold article, we accept returns. Caution: returns are not allowed without our prior written permission by email. The return costs are at the expense of the customer.
– Let us know which products that you want to return, within 14 working days after reception of the goods. Counting from the day the goods have been delivered to the agreed delivery address. In your enquiry, please include your name and contact details, the products and quantities you wish to return, the respective invoice number and your bank account number. If you have a non-Belgian bank account, please mention your IBAN bank account number and SWIFT code.
– We will study your request to see if they match our conditions and requirements for returns, and will notify you of our decision. Upon approval of your return request or a part of it, we will give you the return address in Belgium to which the goods must be shipped.
– Ship the goods registered at your expenses and risk to the return address you have received. All goods must be shipped in an undamaged, unused state and in their original undamaged package. The original packaging must always be contained within at least 1 exterior packaging. The original packaging may not be stained in any way (by e.g. labels, stickers, damage, writings, or similar).
– When we receive your returned goods, we will control them to see if they match our conditions for returns.
– If the returned goods comply with the conditions of our return policy, we will refund the products.
– If the returned goods do not comply with the conditions of our return policy, they will remain your property. If you wish, we can arrange shipment of the goods at your expense with an external transportation company.
The consumer has the right to communicate a renunciation of a purchase, without payment of any fees or communication of any justification, within 14 business days following the day of delivery of the goods or the day of conclusion of the service agreement.
The return costs and our shipping costs are borne by the customer. The right of renunciation does not apply to products specifically customized to the specifications of the consumer . The right of renunciation does not apply to corporate consumers.
Prices listed on our website are contractual, unless in the event of over-power. Delivery terms are strictly indicative. Deslivery terms for design lighting may be elevated. If ordered goods have not been delivered after more than 2 months since the order was placed, the customer has the right to cancel the respective order by written means. Items longer than 1.75 m cannot be delivered and as a result they must be picked up at our warehouse. Any delivered goods remain property of the seller until full payment of the respective due invoices. If an order is to be delivered outside of Belgium, Lights & Forms will act as exporter and the customer will act as importer. Any local recycling taxes are to be declared by the customer. Lights & Forms cannot be held responsible for declaring local or national recycling taxes and contributions.
Every complaint needs to be addressed to us within 3 business days after delivery. After this term, the delivered goods will be considered as accepted. In the event of the customer’s refusal to accept the goods, they will be stored at the expense and risk of the customer, until full payment. The seller accepts returns of goods only with prior written consent. Returned goods must be shipped in their original package with all original manuals and accessories in their original state.
Our invoices are payable in advance online or by bank transfer within 5 days of the order (bank details in order form). If not paid, the order will be canceled after 14 days. Delivery after payment. In case of dispute, only the courts of the district of Ghent in Belgium, competent.
Warrants may only be as per the manufacterer’s specifications and as per the specifications mentioned in this section. Guarantee for visual lacks or shortages is void from the date of acceptance of the goods in our warehouses. For hidden lacks or shortages, guarantee is sustained only following written complaints sent to us within 8 days after delivery. Guarantee is limited to the replacement by equal or equally-valued goods, and all additional costs such as transportation and insurance will remain at the customer’s expense. Warrant is void if included maintenance instructions and manuals were not followed, in the event of mis-use or in the event of alterations by the customer or third parties without the seller’s prior consent and approval.
Guarantee terms by default are 2 years for lighting equipment (excluding lamps). The seller can never be held responsible or liable for non-written statements. The seller cannot be held responsible for damage to goods or installations as a result of weather conditions and elements such as storms, snow, hail, water insulation, lightning strikes, etc., damages caused by over-exertion of the electricity lines or supply, damages caused by malconnection of the equipment or wiring by the customer, damage as a result of wear or poor maintenance, damage as a result of over-heating by using a bulb of a too high wattage or a halogenlamp, or any indirect costs as a result of the damaged good(s).
All returned goods must be 100% complete, contain all original package, all original manuals and all additional accessories as supplied with the product.
NIOS NV – lightsandforms
VAT nr. BE 0445.799.033
NIOS NV – lightsandforms
Vat nr. BE 0445.799.033
Reg. Gent 0445.799.033